Who is the Student Giving Society (SGS)?
The Student Giving Society is a philanthropic committee comprised of Mount students who are dedicated to the betterment of the Mount community. Supported by the Department of Institutional Advancement, members serve as ambassadors of the Mount by teaching one another about the importance of philanthropy and giving back. Nearly 90% of MSMU students receive some form of financial aid. The committee's goals are to engage and educate students, recognize and thank current donors, raise funds for the senior class gift, and to give back to the Mount community. The Society is supported by the MSMU Alumnae Association.
Joining the Student Giving Society is a chance for you to help your class leave a lasting legacy at the Mount, as well as assist with exciting activities such as the Mount Day of Giving and end of year events. This a wonderful opportunity to gain leadership and fundraising experience that is worthy of notice on your resume.
Student Giving Society Members:
- Class of 2021: Stephanie Roy Troia, Summer Woods, Stephanie Hernandez, Helen Umana
- Class of 2022: Nishat Salsabil
- Class of 2023: Aaryona Adams, Rashell Villatoro, Hailey Fadipe, Brigitte Bastidas
- Class of 2024: Sofia Jaquez Elissa Doering
Student Giving Society member benefits
- Leadership opportunity to put on resume, demonstrating volunteer experience
- Practical fundraising and event planning skill development
- Part of team to give back to the Mount and build upon our established legacy
- Special perks and planning opportunity for your class
- Recognition for your service to the Mount
Why should YOU should make a gift?
- Your gift supports the areas of the Mount that mean the most to you
- Win cool prizes such as MSMU swag, and gift cards
- Every gift, large or small, makes a lasting difference for students.
Questions? Contact the Alumnae Relations office at email@example.com or 213.477.2767.