Who is the Student Giving Society (SGS)?
The Student Giving Society is a philanthropic committee comprised of Mount students who are dedicated to the betterment of the Mount community. Supported by the Department of Institutional Advancement, members serve as ambassadors of the Mount by teaching one another about the importance of philanthropy and giving back. Nearly 90% of MSMU students receive some form of financial aid. The committee's goals are to engage and educate students, recognize and thank current donors, raise funds for the class of 2020 scholarship, and to give back to the Mount community. The Society is supported by the MSMU’s Alumnae Relations team.
Joining the Student Giving Society is a chance for you to help your class leave a lasting legacy at the Mount, as well as assist with exciting activities such as the Mount Day of Giving and the Senior Farewell Dinner. This a wonderful opportunity to gain leadership and fundraising experience that is worthy of notice on your resume. The length of commitment will be the 2019-2020 school year, with the expectation of attendance to about 2 team meetings per semester.
Why should YOU join the Student Giving Society?
- Leadership opportunity to put on resume, demonstrating volunteer experience
- Practical fundraising and event planning skill development
- Part of team to give back to the Mount and build upon our established legacy
- Special perks and planning opportunity for your Senior Farewell Dinner
- Recognition by the President for your service to the Mount
Why should YOU should make a gift?
- Your gift supports student scholarships
- Win cool prizes such as MSMU swag, and extra commencement tickets
- Every gift, large or small, makes a lasting difference for students.
What is the committee’s goal?
To raise $1,000 or 20% class participation. The suggested donation is $20 for the class of 2020.
Questions? Contact the Alumnae Relations office at email@example.com or 213.477.2767.