Building on the success of the African American Alumnae Network created by alumnae volunteers in 1994, the Black Alumnae Association (BAA) continues to support the MSMU Black community. The association brings alumnae, students, faculty and staff together to create a powerful network.
Oct. 15, 2021: Black Alumnae Association sponsored Wine Tastings and Pairings, Oh My!
Nov. 18, 2021: BAA Alumnae Mixer
Feb. 24, 2022: BAA Student & Alumnae Networking Mixer
Board of Directors:
The Board shall function as an advisory board in matters related to the outreach, communications and programs of the Black Alumnae Association. The Board provides ideas, counsel and support with respect to the programs, areas of focus and fundraising initiatives that support the Black community and members of the African Diaspora of Mount Saint Mary’s University.
- Linda America ’95
- Joelle Balthazar ’16
- Erika Jones ’00, Board President
- Remmington Junior ’01
- Agasia Lanier ’05, Board Vice President
- Yahtina Macali Soto ’07
- Shelli Amber Weekes ’84
- Erika Jones '00 - Education advocate talks about navigating the pandemic
- Karen Compton ’87 – A3K Consulting, a career built from the ground up
- Jadah (Parks) Chatterjee ADN ’11 - On a mission to save the lives of mothers and babies
- Krystal Karter ’16 – Marketing expert helps entrepreneurs work smarter and win more business
- Aaron Young ’12, ’14 MBA - Career coach uses his superpower to help clients achieve their dreams
- Chanell Jackson ’12 – A detour to her dream job takes this nurse back full circle
- Justin Key '13 MBA - A self-made modern day renaissance man
- Myrna Aguilar ’18 – MFA in Creative Writing alumnae establish Kite City Playwrights
To learn more about upcoming events and ways to get involved please contact:
Director of Alumnae Relations